Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 was epic! Watch out 20-twelve!!!

Wow! I can't believe I am actually posting something! This seems to never happen anymore! But I thought, hey, why not? It's a new year! 2011 seemed to have flown by sooo fast! I can't believe I am going to be 25 this year! ekkkkkk! So I better remember my 24th year!

A lot of things have happened this passed year. Some good, some bad, but overall 2011 was ggrreeaaattt!! Recently, a friend asked me what makes me happy. I thought about it for a minute and realized, it's people. People make me happy! Spending time with my amazing family and friends is what brings me the most joy. So here is a quick overview of some of the wonderful things that happened to me in 2011 and some of the amazing people I got to spend them with!


*Graduation!
Oh hey, I graduated from college! It was only 6 years in the making... but it finally happened! All of my family was there (which was fantastic!) and my BFF Rachel Smith was there too! It was sure a great day! One to remember for sure! Weber State, Weber State, Great Great Great!!!

All of my mom's side of the family!


Dad & Marina

With Grandma Jenkins

Rach & Rach showing off my honor cords!


*Texas!
Me and some friends ventured on down south for a little vaca in September! Ezra was in San Antonio for Army training and we went to visit him for a couple days! We hadn't seen him in almost 6 months, so needless to say we were all SUPER STOKED to go! It was me, Cristi, Tatum, and Dave and we all had a blast! But now it's good to have Eze home again!

We got some pretty legit friend pics on the boardwalk!


At dinner right after I threw up at Six Flags...


The crew with Tweetie! Love Cristi's thumbs up btw.


Me, Ezra, Cristi and Dave about to dominate The Rattler.


Oh Ez, we missed you!


Ah! Scary lion!

*Europe!
So you know how I graduated college? Well, my super nice papa took me on a 10 day jaunt around Europe! I got to pick anywhere I wanted to go, so I tried to fit as many countries in as I possibly could. We started in Prague, hit parts of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland! It was fantastic! The only downside was after being in Texas for 4 days I was home for less than 12 hours before I had to repack and go on vacation again. I know, I have such a hard life. :) But I was a little traveled out by the end of the trip! But we had so much fun!

We're on a plane! About to leave the states!


Swiss Temple! I love this pic!


Europe photo collage!






We had TONS of tasty treats!


At Prague Castle!


Me and pops in Prague!


*New BFF's!
Don't get me wrong, I love ALLLL my friends! But I was able to meet some new ones earlier this year! Around May all of the singles wards along the Wasatch Front were split and reorganized. I was devastated! I loved my friends and I loved my calling! I DID NOT want this to happen, so in turn I was being the biggest baby about it for the longest time! It wasn't until someone gave me a verbal slap to the face that I changed my attitude about it. And I am so glad I did because it was one of the best things that could have happened to me! I met my sister wives Leah and Makenna! (Leah and I literally are sister wives. There are scriptures that proves this!) These girls are seriously the greatest! I've known Makenna for about 15 years (wow, that makes me sound old), but over the summer is when I really got to know her and we became legit friends. And Leah and I have become besties super quick. She is the RS Prez in my ward and I remember looking at her and thinking, "Oh great. She's skinny, tall, blonde, and beautiful. I secretly want to hate her, but I can't!" ha ha I love her. She can seriously get me to do anything! (sing karaoke, bake, sing in church, get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to the gym!) I adore them both! So lucky to have them in my life!

Showing off friendship bracelets I got them in Texas!
lol! I love this pic!


Leah and I making homemade pizza!


One of our MANY girls nights!

Leah and I at our ugly sweater party!


Awkward friend pictures!


It's hard to write about all the things that happened. So here is a super quick list!

*Papa got married! Only 5 years in the making! :)

Me and my boys looking snazzy!


*Lots of summer BBQ's!

*Yogotogo almost daily! Love frozen yogurt, yep even in the winter!

Mom and sisters first frozen yogurt experience!

*Lots of karaoking!
Girls after a night of singing our guts out!

*Indiana Jones Adventures
(post coming soon!)

*Dating! (I am always open to more potential suitors! ;))

*Started playing soccer again for the first time in 12 years! It's exhausting and awesome! I love it! Plus I get to play with some of my besties so it's great!

Our first team name and adopted mascot!

*Concerts!
I have been a slacker concert go-er, but was able to go to a couple great shows!

Maddi and I at the Sara Bareilles & Sugarland show! Love!


Rach and I rockin' out to Bono at the U2 show!


*Themed Book Club!!
Sounds odd, but it is awesome! We dress up and make food depending on the book we read! Love it!

'Beauty' book club!

*My BFF Rachel spoiled me for my birthday (which I loved!) she took me for a night on the town! Thanks Rach!

The big 2-4!

*Broke my wrist snowboarding.
I wish I was doing something awesome, but I was only getting off the lift... ya... I'm sooo cool like that!
There is a cast on my arm...


*Spending almost everyday with my wonderful friends!

Me, Tatum, and Cristi!

Friend pyramid at the park!

Michaela, Rach and I at Sundance!



1 comment:

Jackie and Chris Harmon said...

It sound like you had a great 2011 I hope you have an even better 2012