Saturday, August 23, 2008

From Russia with love!

Peterhof Palace.

The fountains of Peterhof.

At a bar... pretty much the way I spent the entire trip!


At Sony BMG! Yes... I do know that I look like crap...

St. Petersberg! Look at the pretty colors!

I took this pic myself... can you tell? Sunset of St. P!


The girls acting like...well... girls.

St. Basil's Cathedral!

In the Kremlin.


A view without me!


The coolest non-boy band pic ever!


This is the way my group spent the entire trip! Yes... that is vodka!



I just recently got back from Russia where I spent 2 weeks in Moscow and St. Petersberg! (Have you heard there is a rumor in St. Petersberg?!) It was a study abroad through my school in Tennessee. So, yes, that is right I did get college credit for going! :) We learned all about the Russian recording industry, and did a ton of sight seeing too! I loved it! Things were interesting... and different, but all in all it was a good experience!

We started off in Moscow and we there for about 9 days! It's a great place, but when you have no idea what people are saying and what anything says, it is a little confusing. We hit Red Square, the Kremlin, Lenin's Tomb. We also went to a Universal Party, tried to get into a fancy club (and got rejected...twice!), met executives at Sony BMG, and went on a tour of some recording studios! It was awesome! We just going and going, I really didn't have to process what was going on, but we saw a lot of great things.

We took a night train to St. Petersberg and the whole time I was thinking about the movie Anastasia where the little green goblin guys attack the train... I don't know why, but i was! Things were a lot more laid back here. We had time to hit an internet cafe (which was great, because I was going insane) and did tons of touristy stuff. We saw the bridges of St. Pete's, Peterhof palace, and the Hermitage! I was the only sober one the entire trip, that was an interesting experience!

4 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Hooray for Rachel's blog! Hooray for Russia!

Jenn said...

YAY! YAY! You started one!! Now we can be bloggin buddies and sego buddies! Exciting!! Can't wait to read up about your craz life! :)

Nicole said...

Welcome Aboard Cuz! I didn't know you went to Russia?!?!? I'm so jealous. I bet you had fun. So, it the radio program in the AM or the PM. Your "about me" didn't specify.

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see family in the blogging world! When did you get back to Utah? You trip looks amazing!