Saturday, September 6, 2008

Stand Up to Cancer!

There was a special the other night called Stand Up to Cancer. It was a telethon that raised money for cancer research to find a cure. Many celebrities helped host, donated money, and even told their own stories. It was very emotional for me to watch. I found this video on iTunes and it made me cry.

It made me remember everything that I went through. I can't believe it has been 5 years. It was 6 months of absolute hell, but I am still here. My friend asked me the other day how I was able to stay positive with all the I had to deal with, I told her that you have to. Because if you give up then you have nothing left to fight for. I want to to say thank you to everyone who helped me get through the rough patch. I literally wouldn't be here today without you. Lots of love and God Bless! I AM A SURVIVOR!

You can give back by visiting www.standup2cancer.org or just by giving support to those that you know that have been effected by it.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey! Hey! I heard about that telethon, but I didn't get to see it. Wow, your such a strong person to have gone through something like that! I feel like I haven't worked with you forever! I miss ya and I do still need to hear your story! I had no idea Rachel doesn't work at the spa anymore, that makes me sad! What happened? Another thing we need to chat about!!