Thursday, October 9, 2008

Conference Weekend was fun? Why yes... yes it was!

Wow, Richard is a guitar pro!

That is me! And that is Michaela!

Rachel Smith and Rachel Jenkins. When our powers combine we are "The Rachel's"

Basically our personalities in a nutshell!

So apparently when you get really stressed out... you get sick. Who knew? Still no word on whether this whole thing with Weber State is going to work out (see previous post if you are confused), but I am confident that it will. I have lots of evidence to back up my case.

So, back to being sick. It sucks. I sound like a man! And it is hard to get to sleep when your throat is hurting. Hopefully I won't contaminate anybody. All I can say is Clorox wipes are your friend!

Well, before the whole fiasco of me being mad at my school, I had a great weekend with my peeps. (Yes, the same 2 peeps that I have blogged about before!) Saturday Rach and I went to Mimi's and got a bite to eat and then took a muffin to MJ at work since she was unable to join us for the fun filled evening. After, we went to her house and watched a movie while her husband went to Priesthood session.

When Richard came home he tried to make some sticky popcorn for us... tried being the key word. It was, shall we say, interesting. But it was the thought that counts right?

Sunday we all went over to MJ's to watch General Conference. It was so much fun! Who knew that conference could be fun? I think that is the first time ever... EVER that I have actually sat through an entire session of conference and payed attention. Rich and Rach dosed off for a bit, but they regained consciousness in time to hear the closing remarks by the great President Monson.

I loved it. I actually watched some of Saturday's session and a little bit of the first session on Sunday before MJ's. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so that I can catch up on the talks that I missed. Wow, I am becoming so righteous! ha ha! :)

After, the famous Richard Smith showed off his mad skills (again) on the guitar. I was able to show some of my skills too, but he just made me feel inferior. (Richard I shake my fist at you!) It was fun! We took some pics while we were at it too, just to prove that we are actually friends... I look like crap in these pics... it's because the sickness that has now taken over my body was making it's way to the surface... I should have known... ok I am done rambling! Until next time my friends! WORD! :)

3 comments:

April said...

I hope somehow I didn't get you sick through blogging somehow...I have been sick for 2 weeks now, so if you have what I have, get ready for the long haul. Watching conference with friends is a good idea though. I also think I would be less likely to get dozy. Let us know how that Weber thing works out.

Kayla said...

WORD!

Jenn said...

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend! You better not get me sick, I did work with you on Saturday!! :)