Thursday, October 30, 2008

So... I have a problem!

So I've realized I have a problem. Yes, it's true I have a flaw! And the problem is... I procrastinate! It's a disease really. I constantly put things off to the last minute. Take this last week for instance. I knew that I had to give a talk on Sunday. I knew for a whole week... I didn't start until 1 in the morning the night before and ended up finishing about 5 minutes before church started! But hey, at least I finished it.

I think the worst is with school. I can pretty much count on this always happening towards the middle of the semester. I don't want to do my work, so I pretty much don't. Ok, let me rephrase that. I don't want to do my work, so I pretty much wait until the night before it is due to start on it. I know that my grades will end up suffering, but I think I lack the drive that I did towards the beginning of the year.

I went to a concert the other night instead of writing my paper. But the good news is I finished it... the class before it was due. Yes i know! I am an idiot! But at least I know that I have a problem. That is the first step to recovery right?

MJ said the other day that I really need to work on this problem, and I think that she is right. So right now I will stop blogging and finish my English project that is due tomorrow. I only have 2 papers to write. No big deal. Well... I best be off. If you have any tips to help me with not procrastinating let me know. Feedback is much appreciated! Shalom! :)

3 comments:

April said...

Eeeek! 2 papers!!?? Good luck! For your sake I'm hoping they are only 2 page maximum, double space. Ahhhh! I'm sorry. Have you ever tried a planner? Not that I know from experience. I procrastinate too. Sigh. I hear planners help some people though.

Rich'n'Rach said...

I'm totally with Michaela on this one, just so you know. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty glad you went to the concert the other night seeing as how I was with you. I'll be your support system to help you quit procrastinating...starting tomorrow. hahaha j/k. I love ya girl!

Jenn said...

I totally have that same disease! I am SO horrilbe at putting everything off til the last minute, so don't feel bad, you aren't the only one! I let you know if I find a cure! By the way, you are one hot polygamist!