Sunday, October 5, 2008

WTF WSU!?!

Ok another freaking blog about school. First of all, I have no idea what to do on my homework! Freaking English! What in the world am I going to do this project on? I can't concentrate!!!! I am so lost and really don't feel like doing this. I am getting to the point that I usually get to around the middle of the semester where I procrastinate so bad that I get depressed and then nothing gets done right... or on time!

The thing that is really bothering me is WSU! That's right the stupid administration at Weber State University!!!! I went to an academic advisor earlier in the week to see if I was all set to graduate, and she said that everything looks good. All they were waiting for was the department heads to look at my transcripts and make a decision. She even said that I should have nothing to worry about and that I should expect to graduate in December. So all this week I was super stoked because I was planning to graduate. NOW, I look at my transcripts and it says that my math from MTSU will only transfer as Intermediate Algebra, when I need college algebra to graduate. WTF!!! The thing that I don't get is the class title from MTSU is college algebra! I just don't understand how you go from a class that was CLEARLY college algebra to intermediate algebra! I am not going to take another math class when I took it 2 times last year to get a better grade!

I am so pissed right now! What the H is going on with Weber?! Why won't they just accept it? Me and my dad are going to talk to them tomorrow and see what they say. I will even show them the course description from the MTSU catalog and see what they say then! I am really hoping that I can get this fixed! I DO NOT want to take another math class when I have already taken it 3 times (I'm not the brightest when it come to math...)

This sucks! I had an amazing day watching conference with my friends (I'll post on that later) and hanging out with Rach and Michaela... this is not the way I wanted to night to end! Grrr... I am so bugged. We are for sure going to appeal and do all we can to show that they are wrong! I am hoping that it'll get changed! If not then you can probably expect another very angry blog!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I wouldn't want to be the one who has to try and explain to your dad why they won't accept it. Good luck!

April said...

I feel for ya Rach, I really do. They pulled the same shady stuff with Colby when he was trying to get everything in line for graduation. They like lost his paperwork, or something crazy like that, and then they said he still had one more class to take, like out of no where. We were happy when the Weber State years were over for him...good luck with that.

Lauren said...

I'm sorry to hear about your school struggles! At least you are close to Graduation. (If I ever get back to school.. that'd be nice.)
I work at the USU registrar's office. I bet there is a way to appeal to the department (at least that's who decides what transfers as what here) and the articulation office probably has a form to do the appeal.
I hope everything else is going well!
Lauren